- Board Certified Orthopaedic Surgeon
- Specializing in Foot, Ankle, Lower Extremity Reconstruction
- Sports Medicine and General Orthopaedics
Dr. Lower is the founder of Countryside Orthopaedics, P.C., and has been providing quality orthopaedic care in the Northern Virginia area for over 17 years. He received his undergraduate degree from Seton Hall University and his medical degree from the University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey. After an internship at Tripler Army Medical Hospital in Oahu, Hawaii, Dr. Lower completed his residency in orthopaedic surgery at Walter Reed Army Medical Center in Washington, DC. He received sub-specialty training at the University of Maryland with a fellowship in Foot and Ankle and Lower Extremity Reconstruction.
Dr. Lower served fifteen years in the U.S. Army and completed a distinguished military career in the Army Medical Corps with the rank of Lieutenant Colonel. He received numerous medical and military honors including Ranger Tab, Jump Wings – both US & Canadian, and Pathfinder Badge. For outstanding service with the 82nd Airborne Division during Operations Desert Shield/Desert Storm, Dr. Lower received the Meritorious Service Commendation, Southwest Asia Service; the Kuwait Liberation Medal; and the Combat Medical Badge.
- Fellow, American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, American Orthopaedic Foot and Ankle Society, Arthroscopy Associate of North America.
- Diplomate, American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery and National Board of Medical Examiners of Osteopathic Physicians and Surgeons
- Arthroscopy Association of North America
- American Orthopaedic Foot and Ankle Society
- Society of Military Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Virginia Orthopaedic Society
- Virginia Medical Society
- Irish American Orthopaedic Society